Monday, April 21, 2014

WONDERCON 2014 RECAP

WonderCon 2014 is over and done with and these were the new products I debuted at the show. I don't like calling things exclusives when I know I'll be selling them elsewhere, if they don't sell out at the show. I'll be putting the remaining items up for sale soon.


I didn't really plan on doing so many new things for WonderCon this year, but I managed to get a lot done. I've been planning on doing a new banner for a couple of years and I finally got around to it.


I even managed to get a new postcard done. Tying to have a cohesive look for everything. Now I gotta update the website, yikes.


Setup went pretty good this year. Chito A-Word (aka @kwestone) even helped out a bit.


After every convention you can see a ton of these banners on the ground or still hanging at the booths. I've always kept mine and I've been drawing on them almost since the 1st show we did. I guess it's my version of a souvenir.


 I didn't get to walk around the show much. So, these were the highlights of the show for me and they happened right at my booth. The kind folks over at Autodesk gave me a free copy of SketchBook Pro 6, and I can't wait to try it out. It's awesome when a young kid spends his money on a toy based on a console that was long dead before he was even born. Then, to top it off, he gets an Ultra Rare figure. Woohoo! @danialfleres also had is buddy drop of some original art for a trade. So nice.


I wish I could say WonderCon was an amazing show, or even a great show for me. WonderCon is the type of show where the vast majority of people don't know I exist. They have no clue who I am, or that I am the guy making the stuff that I'm trying sell. Building awareness and getting more eyes on my stuff is a major reason for doing conventions. But, there is no way I'd be able to continue doing cons, if it wasn't for all of the repeat buyers and supporters that stop by my booth at every show I do. I might not know all of your names, but seeing those friendly and familiar faces make a rough show less rough. I can't thank you all enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment